Dr. SK Sean Chiew, MD FRCPC FACC
Certified Cardiologist / Fellow of The Royal College of Physicians of Canada /
Fellow of the American College of Cardiology
1. Royal College Certification in Cardiology
2. Royal College Certification in Internal Medicine
3. American Board of Internal Medicine (Cardiology) Diplomat Certification
4. American Board of Internal Medicine Diplomate Certification
5. Doctor of Medicine (MD) 2003, Dalhousie University
1. Echocardiography Fellowship, June 2012, University of Alberta
2. Cardiology Fellowship, 2011, University of Western Ontario
3. Internal Medicine Residency, 2008, Memorial University
4. Post-Doctorate research fellowship, 2005, University Health Network, Toronto
5. School of Medicine 2003, Dalhousie University
1. Hashem MS, Elganady AA, Dawood A, Amer MA, Chiew SK, Choy J, Becher H et al: Left ventricular relative wall thickness versus left ventricular mass index in non cardioembolic stroke patients. Medicine (Baltimore) 2015; 94(20): e872
2. Tang A, Chiew SK, Rashkovetsky R, Becher H, Choy J et al: Feasibility of sonographer administered echocontrast in a large volume tertiary care echocardiography laboratory. Can J Cardiology 2013; 29(3): 391-5;
3. Chiew SK, Keats W, Hodgkinson K, Connors SP et al: Familial atrioventricular nodal reentry tachycardia in newfoundland and labrador. International Journal of Cardiology 2008;125:Supp
4. Fujita Y, Xu A, Xie L, Arunachalam L, Chou TC, Jiang T, Chiew SK, Kourtesis J, Wang L, Gaisano HY, Sugita S et al: Ca2+ dependent activator protein for secretion 1 (CAPS1) is critical for constitutive and regulated exocytosis, but not for loading of transmitters into dense core vesicles. J Biol Chem 2007; 282(29):21392-403.
5. Li G, Han L, Chou TC, Fujita Y, Arunachalam L, Xu A, Wong A, Chiew SK, Wan Q, Wang L, Sugita S. Ral A and Ral B function as the critical GTP sensors for GTP-dependent exocytosis. J Neurosci 2007; 27(1):190-202.
6. Li G, Lee D, Wang L, Khvotchev M, Chiew SK, Arunachalam L, Collins T, Feng ZP, Sugita S. N-terminal insertion and C-terminal ankyrin-like repeats of alpha latrotoxin are critical for Ca2+-dependent exocytosis. J Neurosci 2005; 25(44):10188-97.
7. Goberdhan S, Chiew SK, Syed J et al: Tender endothelium syndrome: Combination of hypotension, bradycardia, contrast induced chest pain, and microvascular angina. Case Rep Cardiol. 2016; 2016:8574025.